Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Few Good Slackers

I really wouldn't be in the awesome place I am today, without a few good slackers backing me up. So let me begin, I really should tell you guys alittle about two employees I have mentioned here, James "McCheese" Mitchell, and Charlie "Truffle Shuffle" Johnson.

James Mitchell, or McCheese as a bunch of us call him variations of this for good reason, the man loves his cheese. Seriously. He kinda showed up one day, with a huge block of Mozzarella, but smelled like Feta for an odd reason. He quickly rose to the high and mighty rank of Fry Cook, belaying his wisdom of various congealed milkfat products, and his love for the Opera. Man has a beautiful singing voice.

Now Truffle Shuffle is a different story. I had him pegged for a job at the Houde's Chili Dog Shack for a long time. I scouted him in several leading dessert restaurants in the Seattle, Topeka, Houston are of the USA. I wondered why Charlie always got fired from his jobs, then I realized the reason for it. The man ate everything and anything. restaurants would go under on his massive appetite. I took him in because I found one thing he would eat that no one else would. Food in the trash. But only if it's in this imaginary thing called 'Pre-Trash'. So far I've seen 'Pre-Trash' be only what's on top of the trash, to the gross bread on the bottom of the trash barrel that's soaked up all the weird trash juices. But no worries, he doesn't put any of this into his truffles.

Next is my Night Manager, Luis 'Ice' Diefendorf. Don't let the last name fool you, he's from the place of sexiness. Connecticut. He's a friend from College, who we nicknamed Cinnamon Bear. He's the night Manager for Houde's Chili Dog Shack for a couple reasons, the biggest one being his frequent outings till 2A.M. Seriously, this man does not sleep. I needed someone with the ability to stay up late, so I recruited him to fill that hole. I, for one, cannot stay awake past ten.

But hey, let's talk about some people who make the Chili, I call them Chili Guru's. There's the Utah Native, Dean 'Thee Great One' Olson. Personally, I think Olson's Greatness is all in his Stomach region, but hey, he knows his chili. Using his strange Mormon sense, the man can pull the correct spices out of nowhere, and be able to apply them to any pot with perfection.

Another Chili Guru I have is Andrew RoBottner. A rebel without a cause, this one has grown his hair out, in an effort to make me jealous, because let's face it, the world does revolve around me. We all know it. Anyways, this man wears his hatred for anyone in an position of power ranging from the President to Ice. A temperamental chef, but a great chef at that. Probably fired him ten times now, and probably fire him ten times more. But hey, he makes great Chili.

The Head Chili Guru is someone named Scott, has my last name and claims to be my brother. I keep him around because my mother also claims he is my brother. And man, does Mom have a nasty right knuckle punch whenever I tried to fire him. Oh well, he does his job well enough.

Enjoy some pics of my employees, and tune in tomorrow, for an Ice Cream Virtual Experience.
Dean, choosing the newest spice for a pot of chili. The drugs he takes sometimes make him think he's a real Guru.Ice, after I told him he had the Night Manager job. He was very excited.
Scott, in his normal attire.

No comments: